Monday, March 10, 2008

Lets go for a Picnik !

While working at at a client location, I was suddenly stranded with some graphics in my document. I wanted to edit them, but the computer provided to me did not have any image editing software. My only recourse was MS Paint, which made even doing the very basic stuff like cropping, a real pain.
One of my friends suggested that I try out Picnik. And I did do that, and fell instantly in love with the nifty flash application available at this site, which lets you do a lot more than just crop and resize your images.

This site does not make you download any heavy program into your machine,and is up and running in a matter of seconds. Most of its features are presently free for all, but among the premium features are the Full Screen mode, yes that will make you forget completly that you are actually using a browser.
To work on images, you can either pick them up from your own computer or any of the popular image storage sites like Flickr or Photobucket.
I wish this had a image capture facility as well, till then, I am putting the 'Print Screen' button to full use !

No comments: